Monday, May 26, 2014

DIY: How to Color Digital Stamp

Hello everyone!

Thanks for visiting my humble blog.

Today I am going to share with you on how to color digital stamp.
I believe that there are other options to color your digital image/s but this is the only option I am using. Feel free to let me know if there is any & I can get it in my local store.

What you will need is an embossing pen.


I am using embossing pen from Ranger which comes with 2 pens, clear & black.

To color your digital image, you need to use the clear embossing pen.


These are the digital images from Meljen's Designs. Super loving them as they are so cute.


First, use the embossing pen to draw all the line of the printed image. I printed using normal printer. Then, let it dry.


Once it is dry, color the image using any brand of watercolour pencils or even distress ink. Remember! Do not color with too much of water. Blend accordingly, until you get what you want. I am using Derwent watercolour pencils. Set a side to let the image dry.


Ta-- Da--! This is the outcome. If you look closely, the printed line does not smear much if you are using embossing pen. Controlling the water is important also.

Where do I get the embossing pen from? You can purchase from Christie Craft by visiting her website or add her on Facebook.

What I did with this? Click on CIC261: Nautical for more inspiring project/s.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment